Singapore welcomed the 2015 Southeast Asian (SEA) Games otherwise known as the 28th Southeast Asian Games. It started on June 5 and it will end of June 16, 2015. Although it officially started on June 5, some games already commenced since May 29. There are about 7000 athletes from eleven participating Southeast Asian nations.
There are about 402 events featured in 36 sports. If we want to know the medal standings as of June 8, 2015, here’s a peek:
- Singapore: We have the most gold (with 43 medals), silver (with 30 medals) and bronze (with 47 medals). We have a total of 120 medals.
- Vietnam: Vietnam has 27 gold, 13 silver and 32 bronze with a total of 72 medals.
- Thailand: Thailand has 25 gold, 32 silver and 26 bronze with a total of 83 medals.
- Malaysia: Malaysia has 15 gold, 19 silver and 23 bronze with a total of 57 medals.
- Indonesia: Indonesia has 14 gold, 14 silver and 30 bronze with a total of 58 medals.
- Myanmar: Myanmar has 10 gold, 16 silver and 16 bronze with a total of 42 medals.
- Philippines: Philippines has 7 gold, 12 silver and 25 bronze with a total of 44 medals.
- Cambodia: Cambodia has 1 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze with a total of 6 medals.
- Laos: Laos has zero gold, 3 silver and 11 bronze with a total of 15 medals.
- Brunei: Brunei has zero gold, zero silver and 5 bronze with a total of 5 medals.
Who knows what will happen in the next few days? The night is young so we have plenty of opportunities to excel.
You love to run. Whether you run to relieve stress or to live healthy, it is imperative that you pick an appropriate pair of running shoes. This will help you run conveniently and comfortably. You should know that most of running shoes may feel to be just right when you are still fitting it, but when you go on to use it for long periods, you might notice some tight or loose spots that make the shoes feel uncomfortable.
There are many shoe stores here in Singapore but picking the right running shoes is not easy. However, you can consider some tips that will somehow make things easier for you. Here are some tips worth mentioning:
- Determine what you want: You should determine what you want. Do you want to be a road runner or a trail runner? If you want to be a road runner, you should look for shoes that are designed for pavements. If you want to be a trail runner, you should look for shoes that are intended for off-road routes.
- Know your feet: You have to know the statistics of your feet. The first thing that you should know is your foot size. If you are unsure, you should have it measured by your shoe retailer. The next thing that you should do is determine your arch shape.
- Know running style: For better and effective running, it is important that you know your running style. You can either be an overpronation, neutral stride and supination.
- Different types of running shoes: You have to know that there are at least three types of running shoes to include cushioning, stability and motion control.
If you are serious about running, you should look tirelessly for the perfect shoes. Running in the paths of Singapore will be this fun and comfortable with the right shoes.
Amanda Tan, will represent Singapore in the upcoming HSBC Women’s Champions Tournament. She is fourteen years old which made her the youngest golfer to represent the country in the upcoming tournament. She is a student of Singapore Sports School. She topped the qualifying tournament which concluded on January 28, 2014.
The qualifying tournament started on January 27, 2014 at Serapong course. There were twelve women who vied for the top position and it was Amanda Tan who made it. Tan got her victory by 1 stroke and she got a two day shot total of one hundred fifty seven. She said that it was her fifth attempt for the qualifiers.
If you are a professional golfer, you will surely eye for major competitions. That is your goal but if you want golf as your pastime, you should first learn the basics of women’s golf. You have to learn the basics so when you are being watched by many people, you can hit the white ball. Do not be intimated. If you want to thrive in this male dominated sport, you should know the following things:
When you speak of etiquette, it means your decorum during the play. You should remember three things – respect your fellow golfers, respect the course and respect the tradition of golf. Respecting fellow golfers means not doing anything that can jeopardize the safety of other players. Respecting the course means departing the course in good shape like repairing pitch marks, driving carts away from the grass and many more. Respecting the tradition means complying dress code and observing precise score.
The game is basic: hit the ball to the hole with a few stroke. You should still know the rules of the game. You can have a maximum of fourteen clubs inside your bag. You need to hit the correct ball and observe proper teeing of the ball. There is two kinds of play – stroke play and match play. Stroke play refers to the play that needs the least no. of strokes to complete the whole round. Match play refers to a hole by hole play.
In golf, you can either borrow, rent or buy equipment. When you are starting, the best way is to borrow equipment but keep in mind that some golfers will be hesitant to hand you their equipment. You need to borrow clubs. If you cannot borrow, you can at least rent. Many golf courses offer clubs for rent. If you choose to buy, you should know the trade. Ask fellow golfers for some tips.
If you are really serious, you should ask someone to teach you some basics so you will not be lost. Golf is a fun thing to do. Enjoy!