Highest Paying Jobs for Women
Men and women nowadays are equal when it comes to work opportunities. It is a known fact that most of industries with high-paying jobs are still ruled by men but there are certain fields that give opportunities for women to earn tons of money.
A report made by PayScale identified highest-paying jobs for women. Here are the top ten lists:
- Obstetrician/Gynaecologist: The highest-paying job for women is OB/GYN.
- Psychiatrist: OB/GYN is followed by Psychiatrists.
- Physician: The third place goes to doctors.
- Nurse Anaesthetist: The fourth place goes to nurses.
- Chief Nursing Officer: The fifth place went to nursing officers.
- Corporate Counsel: The sixth place goes to corporate counsel or lawyers.
- Pharmacist: Pharmacists made it to the number seven spot of highest-paying job for women.
- Orthopaedic Physician Assistant: Pharmacists are followed by physician’s assistants.
- Human Resources Vice President: The Vice President for Human Resources made it to number nine.
- Optometrist: Women who specialize in eye care are in number ten spot.
Optometrists are followed by User Experience Researcher, Clinical Trial Manager, Certified Nurse Midwife, Physician Assistant, Information Architect, Senior Marketing Manager, Nurse Practitioner, Senior Clinical Research Associate, Senior Fashion Designer and Associate Media Director. This goes to show that females can be at their best too if given a chance.
If you notice, the highest-paying jobs are concentrated on healthcare. This study was patterned in the United States but Singapore can gain a lot from this study. The contributions of women in the economy of Singapore are unfathomable. Regardless of what industry they are in or how much they are paid to do it, women here should be empowered and valued.