You want to engage into a home painting project but you don’t have the luxury of time. Apart from not having time, you also don’t have the knowledge and skills needed to proceed with the paint job. So what are you going to do now? Are you just going to leave your home as it is? Or would you rather spend some bucks to hire a paint contractor to get the job done for you? If your answer is yes, then good thinking you got there but hold your horses first.
Now that you’ve decided to get a paint contractor, you can’t just randomly call painting companies in your area in Singapore and ask for their painting services. You won’t be able to find the painter that fits your taste that way. Just like any other thing, there are some things that you should consider when looking for a paint contractor to hire. To save you from falling into the hands of a mediocre paint contractor, here are things that you might want to consider before hiring your potential painter.
Surely, you’d want to hire an experienced painter to do the job right? Experience is definitely one of the basic hallmarks of any professional worker. In the case of paint work, a particular house painting method can’t be done and applied in every paint job that the contractor would get. Different situations – or jobs – would ask for different methods in order to achieve the result that the client wants. Experience is vital for anyone who’s into painting services so that they’ll be able to adapt to various situations, as well as choosing the best method possible that can help in getting the job done.
A contractor’s reputation is, more or less, at the same level as the home painting experience that they have. Experienced contractors like superior painting services by colour view in Singapore are most likely to be reputable and known for the overall quality of work that they do. However, don’t be totally fooled with some “experienced” contractors, as some of them might be experienced but their reputation isn’t as good as that of the other contractors.
Excellent Communication Skills
One skill that a professional painting contractor has is great communication skills. Notice how these contractors clearly presents the painting services that they can offer you, as well as the details of the paint job that even a simple homeowner like you could completely understand. Through this, you’ll know what and how the paint job will be done. Contractors who are also excellent communicators are more capable of conveying things that are related with your house painting project and also in informing you in case there are some issues that needs to be addressed.
Getting your painting project done within your allocated budget is absolutely important, since you wouldn’t want to get into debt just to finish your project now, do you? In fact, it’s a wise move to keep in mind that the cheapest – products or Singapore painting services – might not be that bad, and that the expensive ones might not always be the best too. However, it’s still vital to look at and consider your painting contractor’s experience and reputation if you want to get your project done within your budget.
Now that you know these important considerations, the only thing that you have to do is to develop a keen eye in selecting the painting contractor that could get your painting project done the way you want it to be. And given the good number of professional contractors in Singapore, you’ll definitely find a really good one.
Most of the time we tend to skip breakfast because we are thinking about our diet but actually it is not good for our health. You may think that skipping breakfast is a good start to lessen your body weight. In reality, it doesn’t decrease your weigh, it increases as fast as eating many foods. Even if you are not eating, you still gain weight.
Actually, you have no enough energy to do everything if you do not eat. Since most of the food we eat are like energy bars, we need to consume it so that we can move well and other body can work well. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you need to have eat every breakfast.
Even if you are not eating lunch or maybe dinner, you should not cut your breakfast meal because it helps your body and mind to function properly. If you never skip breakfast, it would make you feel like you are full and this is a good indication that you might lose weight. In reality, skipping the first meal of the day will not cut your weight.
In fact, it adds you more weight because you crave more during snack time and most especially lunch time. You may say that you can win over your hunger but in reality, you are very hungry and is dying to eat more. Now, if you really want to become a healthy individual, do not skip every meal of the day. Even if you are on diet, just choose the right foods to eat but never skip it.
This is a very easy diet. First thing in the morning, find some apple together with an oatmeal. Eat them as it will regulate the bad cholesterol you eat. Also, it makes you feel relieved. Now, if you make it a habit to eat the aforementioned, you are more likely to avoid a number of diseases. Nevertheless, you must be careful on the amount of food that you intake because in the long run, you will suffer. Now, if you want to avoid it to happen, control you food consumption. Choose the foods that are healthy but do not exceed to the limit. Everything that is excess is bad, right? Thus, you better avoid it or if not, just reduce it.
The Good Snacks: When it talks about snack, you will think about biscuits, crackers, chips, cookies and more. However, it is not good for the heart. Instead of eating potato fries, choose to eat baked potato. Now, if you continue to consume chips, cookies and many more, you are finding ways to kill yourself. Enjoy and be contended in eating small amount of baked potato instead of eating fries.
Reducing or perhaps exceeding the amount of how much you eat is not a good way to become healthy. Basically, if you really what to be healthy, it comes with a strict diet, weary exercise and more. Actually, you have a little bit of similarities with a prisoner. However, the only difference is that you can go inside and outside your vicinity.
There are a lot of places that you should be afraid of in Singapore. Aside from eating exotic foods, the most exciting yet frightening activity that you can do here is to have a ghost experience. Most ghost appears on abandoned houses, hospital, funeral parlor, burial ground or even in the church. The first thing that you are going to do when you see a ghost is run. It is a normal reaction of a person who sees ghost. The fear that felt by an individual makes him a less man. However, if you are too fearless when you see a ghost you can do these things:
- Record an audio – This is only done by experts but if you are courageous enough to do this thing, you’re the man! For an average person, this is impossible. But if it is registered to your mind that you have to record an audio, you can simply do it.
- Communicate with the ghost – Many people believe that communicating to a ghost is only done by paranormal experts. In reality, all people can do it. It is just the fear hinders you to talk with a ghost. You may not see a ghost in actual. But you can speak with them through a spiritual communication.
- Never shout – Whenever you see a ghost, the initial reaction is to shout. Do not do this because you might disturbed other souls that also staying in that place. This best thing to do is to keep calm and act as if you haven’t seen anything. It’s hard; but it is much harder if you are being surrounded by demons.
Most of the time, among the best things that happened in life comes when you learn to wait. It is like riding in a roller coaster. It takes time for it to be full because it wouldn’t move forward when there are only few people on it.
However, if you request to the coaster operator to move out immediate, he can do it but you will not experience the happiness that is felt compared to a roller coaster that is full of passengers. Moreover, when you are already on the roller coaster always get yourself ready at any time because of the ups and downs on the way. This is where happiness is achieved and this is where you make memories.
As usual, the most important thing that you should forget in any situation is the learning you get. All of the things we experience has a corresponding learning. You can ignore it but in the long run, you will realize that what you learned today can be used in the future. Even if it might not be the exact one but still you can apply what you have learned in your life.
Actually, you need to wait for everything because there is always a purpose on all things that happened. On the other hand, you are not forced whether you wait or not. It is a matter of choice. You can decide anytime you like but you cannot control anything that would take place in the near future. Thus, always prepare.
Men and women nowadays are equal when it comes to work opportunities. It is a known fact that most of industries with high-paying jobs are still ruled by men but there are certain fields that give opportunities for women to earn tons of money.
A report made by PayScale identified highest-paying jobs for women. Here are the top ten lists:
- Obstetrician/Gynaecologist: The highest-paying job for women is OB/GYN.
- Psychiatrist: OB/GYN is followed by Psychiatrists.
- Physician: The third place goes to doctors.
- Nurse Anaesthetist: The fourth place goes to nurses.
- Chief Nursing Officer: The fifth place went to nursing officers.
- Corporate Counsel: The sixth place goes to corporate counsel or lawyers.
- Pharmacist: Pharmacists made it to the number seven spot of highest-paying job for women.
- Orthopaedic Physician Assistant: Pharmacists are followed by physician’s assistants.
- Human Resources Vice President: The Vice President for Human Resources made it to number nine.
- Optometrist: Women who specialize in eye care are in number ten spot.
Optometrists are followed by User Experience Researcher, Clinical Trial Manager, Certified Nurse Midwife, Physician Assistant, Information Architect, Senior Marketing Manager, Nurse Practitioner, Senior Clinical Research Associate, Senior Fashion Designer and Associate Media Director. This goes to show that females can be at their best too if given a chance.
If you notice, the highest-paying jobs are concentrated on healthcare. This study was patterned in the United States but Singapore can gain a lot from this study. The contributions of women in the economy of Singapore are unfathomable. Regardless of what industry they are in or how much they are paid to do it, women here should be empowered and valued.
Have you heard about Alibaba Group Holding? Alibaba is an e-commerce company founded on April 4, 1999 at Hangzhou, China. It offers online web portals, retail services, payment services and cloud computing services. The group became successful that in 2012, two of their portals brought in $170 billion sales which made more than its competitors – eBay and Amazon.com.
Jack Ma is the founder of Alibaba. On September 5, 2014, the group filed their price range for the Initial Public Offering (IPO) at the US Securities and Exchange Commission. It was originally set at US $60 to $66 per share. The final price will be determined after Alibaba’s international road show. It is expected that Alibaba’s listing at the New York Stock Exchange will raise more or less $20 billion which is the largest listing in the history of US.
The international road show commenced from New York to Los Angeles, Baltimore, San Francisco, Boston and Denver. The road show reached Singapore, London and Hong Kong. The purpose of the road show is to scale the interests of investor in Alibaba’s shares. As mentioned earlier, the original price per share was set at US $60 to $66 but on September 19, the price per share went to $92.70. That day, Alibaba raised about $21.8 billion.
Alibaba is now valued at US $231 billion. The company is indeed larger than eBay and Amazon.com combined. The company services more than three hundred million customers around the world. Ma only started the company with borrowed money amounting to US $60,000. You too can have this kind of success story. Remember that Singapore offers lots of opportunities. It is a matter of grabbing it.
There are some Singaporeans who prefer gluten-free diet. Gluten-free diet is a form of diet that disregards gluten. For your information, gluten is a protein that are found in wheat and other grains (like barley and rye). Too much gluten in your system will cause celiac disease.
Here in Singapore, you will find many stores that offer gluten-free diet. However, if you want to prepare your own meals, you have to be familiar of the food inclusions and exclusions. Here are some ideas to begin with:
- Exclusions: It was mentioned earlier that gluten-free diet excludes wheat and other grains. Apart from that, it also rules out flour-containing foods, custards, soups, sauces, gravies and the like. The most common exclusion is oats but there are people who can tolerate oats. The safest thing that you should do is check the label.
- Inclusions: You can still enjoy many tasty foods. You can have meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, fruits, rice and potato. You can also consider other starchy and grainy foods like almonds, corn, millet, sorghum, pea flour, coconut flour and many more. To add, there are other alcoholic beverages that you can still enjoy – whiskeys, mead, sherry, rum, vermouth, tequila and brandy.
- Others: You will be happy to know that there are foods or beverage with gluten removed. The Flavours like eggs, corn starch, hydroxypropyl can be an alternative for gluten.
If you are uncertain about your diet, you have to consult your doctor or nutritionist to be sure. Celiac disease is serious and you should not ignore it.
There is no doubt that Singaporeans are hard working. In fact, Singaporeans are very hard working that sometimes we forget to take our meals. It is important that you improve your eating habits because it will give you the necessary energy to go forward.
If you are struggling to improve your eating habits, you can go to your dieticians and collect their advice or you can consider the following things to improve your eating habits:
- Timing: Timing is the key to be successful in everything. You miss breakfast because you woke up late. You also miss lunch because of the bulk of paperwork. When you come home, you are too tired to eat. You have to realize that eating is a necessity, not a thing that you should consider when you have nothing else to do. When it is time for breakfast, say 7am, you have to sit and eat. If it is lunch time, stop everything and enjoy a hearty meal. That’s not so hard, right?
- Drink more water: Like many others, you like coffee. You drink coffee all the time that sometimes you consider it as water. If it is not coffee, it is carbonated drinks. That is not advisable. To be safe, you need to drink more water.
- Avoid fast foods: You prefer fast and convenience that is why fast foods appeal to you. Experts warn about the negative impacts of fast foods. Fast foods are overloaded with saturated fats that can harm you.
These are just simple things that you can do to improve your eating habits. You have to seriously abide by these as these will give you strength, energy and endurance every day.
There are companies that have few employees. Most of the time, this is where multi-tasking starts. The employees here are like Superman. They should save the day or else, they are the ones who are going to save their day. If it cannot be avoided to do multi-tasking, ask an increase to your salary. It’s your right. But don’t get angry when you ask for salary increase because employers may not approved your request or might fire you. If employees fire you, do not feel mad, it’s only normal and it’s good because your stress is gone. Don’t worry; you can look for another job. But be wise now and do not accept work with triple tasks.
Do not Do Multi-tasking
Aside that multi-tasking is very weary; it can also affect your job performance. Compare a person with so many jobs to a person with only one duty. For example, a security guard and an office staff; basically, a security guard is only tasked to guard the vicinity, check the people who is coming. That’s all. On the other hand, an office staff will do almost everything at the office. He can be a recruiter, a trainer, an account manager and many more. What do you notice? Yes, they are both employees but the thing here is about the importance of workload. Now, if you are an employee and your job is like an office staff on the given example, you should gradually eliminate those jobs that are not indicated in your job description.